Monday, February 3, 2014

The Year of the Horse

To celebrate Lunar New Year 2014, The Year of the Horse, I thought I would proudly share my little Monkey's beautiful interpretation of Farnz Marc's Blue Horse 1. Unlike Bunny, Monkey is not a fan of art class or making art in general, with the exception of play-dough and mud sculptures. So believe me when I say, most often I am lucky to get a picture with a few scribbles and a three legged stick-man. Thus, I was doubly impressed by  his effort and outcome. And while I am sure he enjoyed the proverbial hugs and smooches from his adoring fan, I think it was the proud display of his work framed on my office wall which brought a smile to his face.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1/52: A photo of my children once a week every week in 2014.
 
Monkey: This week you
  • discovered you really like to make homemade pudding
  • got a perfect score on your math exam
  • you impressed me by reading a whole chapter book in a day
  • continue to take Aikido lessons, and love your instructor
  • saw your first college wrestling match and thought it was great "their moms let them do that!"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment